Focusing Skills Course for Connection Creativity and healing (1)
Time & Location
About the Event
FOCUSING SKILLS FOUNDATION COURSE FOR CONNECTION, CREATIVITY AND HEALING
30 x 2 hr sessions 12 April 2021 – 2021
Certificated Foundation Skills Course
What is Focusing?
It is a moment by moment way of ‘coming home’ to yourself. We are inviting a shift from the closed loop of the repetitive thinking mind into the Ocean of the Felt-sensing in the body for relief and forward movement informed by bodily wisdom. It is an exquisitely sensitive way of listening to or sensing what our world is telling us, often in the form of subtle feelings/sensations, in a way that is safe and gentle. It offers a creative and quietly profound way of being even with what we find most difficult and challenging. In focusing we are often pleasantly surprised by fresh or new spaces emerging, even from ‘impossibly stuck’ places. It is, in my experience a deeply satisfying process allowing my heart and soul space to breathe and be itself, to find its own sense of rightness.
FOCUSING YOUTUBE PIC-AUDIO
Dead end stories and Feelings audio video on how to move with & through stuck patterns https://bit.ly/FocusingTraumatoHealing
Focusing Course Participant says;
‘The only way that I can make the word for the journey is to imagine it’s like the wardrobe in the lion, witch and wardrobe. Or a pin hole camera! Focusing has been and continues to be almost as important to me as sleep – very important! This course with Simon was the biggest gift and I’ll always be grateful to him for helping me establish a focusing practice,’
Nagadipa Nathasha Lythego
The Course is 5 Modules
1 Module = 1 session of 2 hours per week (for 6 weeks) Plus 1 x Focusing in pairs between each week session
This Focusing Course offers a means to;
• Develop a grounded and balanced sense of yourself
• Compassionately respond to your inner judge
• Enable a gentle and deep inner healing process
• Develop empathic and sensitive listening
• Enjoy an enriched sense of sharing and communing with others
• Learn to sense and befriend your body in a new & empowered way Live life from the unfolding fresh moment
This program offers not only an enrichment in wellbeing but a profoundly deep sense of connection and sharing with an inclusive sense of community experience, where there is an emphasis on Focusing practice between the sessions for continuity and personal growth.
What can you expect in any one session
• Enjoy the closeness and intimacy of others on a shared journey
• Hear and see the others as you interact and explore focusing
• Do exercises, demonstrations and explore focusing together
• Connect with individuals and the whole group (up to 8)
• Focusing sessions between online sessions
An online course, How? Zoom!
• This online course offers a very convenient way o to participate from the comfort of home, avoiding travel and whilst enjoying a sense of connection and community. We will use Zoom – easy to download
• Zoom is really great because if you miss a session – we record all sessions – you can have a copy to listen to before the next session.
• You will be given a copy of each session that is recording for your learning library. Get the free Zoom App: https://zoom.us/download
Focusing Online Course Participant says;
‘I’ve developed a capacity through working with Simon to come into presence by myself, to hold myself more, to listen more deeply, to allow a little more fully, to become overwhelmed less often.I’ve seen how he uses focusing to connect with nature and animals, as well as himself… and this is sneaking its way into my life too.’
COURSE MODULE DATES and TITLES
Day: Thursdays All times 10.00am – 12.00 pm (some exceptions stipulated)
Module 1: First steps in your Focusing Journey April 12. 2021
Module 2: Focusing and the Fresh Edge
Module 3: Focusing and joyful of the sensing
Module 4: Focusing and journeying in confidence
Module 5: Resting and Freedom in the Focusing Space
See Overview of the Focusing Modules below ***
Listen now to participant experiences from a recent Focusing Course
Focusing Zoom Course Participant says;
‘I have found the Online Focusing Foundation course with Simon highly transformational and supportive on my own personal enquiry path Focusing has a profound simplicity that has inspired me to continue with this journey in my life, noticing myself and others with new eyes at every moment. Simon’s guidance and accompaniment are exquisite, bringing spontaneity and vulnerability in the teachings has made this course unique for me, it resonates with a way of life I am heading as I keep remembering the way home.’
Marta Fabregat with love, Director An Tionól Compassionate Community and Retreat Centre, Galway.
Each Module: £150 / 175 Euro
The 5 Modules: £750 / 875 Euro (£150/175 euro before the start of each module for easier payment plan)
To offer choice and confidence you can decide on your final commitment to the 5 Module Course at the end of Module 1 to end or to continue and book for the whole course. Offering and securing a commitment to the whole course will provide consistent support in terms of a deepening bond in the community and your learning and growth.
Just for Clarity of terms: As with any course, you are committed to the full finances once you commit to the second module – whether you complete in part or all the course. Paying in instalments is an offer to help you manage your finances.
Deposit: Secure your place now Sterling and Euros Payment Pay a £50 / Euros 60 (to secure a place) deposit or for the 1st module in full £150 / Euros 175 (payable prior to the start of module 1)
Bank transfer details: https://mindfulnesswithcompassion.com/payment-info/
I would very much appreciate you covering transfer fees
Please send confirmation email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm payment of deposit/course, with your Bank Reference
Interested and want to find out more?
Call me on 0044 (0)7974817393 or email email@example.com
Youtube Ruth shares her Focusing transformations with Simon (50 second video) https://bit.ly/FocusingExperienceFromRuth
Your Facilitator Simon McKibbin
• Cambridge University Associate Mindfulness Trainer
• Mindfulness Certified with Breathworks and MISP
• BFA Certified Focusing Practitioner and Teacher
• Certified CNVC Nonviolent Communication (NVC) Trainer
I met Eugene Gendlin on Summer School at Garrison in about 2000 and was touched by the humanity and humility he displayed which endeared me to him both as a Human Being and as a tremendous inspiration to explore Focusing. I have, I believe, benefitted more from Focusing than any other paradigm for transformation which is based on the body’s innate and natural ability to receive it’s own healing and forward movement when brought into a safe and resonant relationship with self and others. I combine Focusing with elements of Non-Violent Communication NVC and Mindfulness to further enrich the natural process of healing and community.
More on Simon and one to one https://www.mindfulnesswithompassion.com
Focusing one to one Coaching Participant says;
‘This is the biggest gift I’ve received from Simon is a place to connect with my truth in a more subtle, larger, more inclusive, softer way.
Focusing Zoom Online Course Participant says;
‘I have been doing this training over 3 modules now and it is wonderful, and absolute gem of a course and Trainer. Highly, highly recommended’!!!
Carolyn Jane Davies CNVC Trainer NVC London Community
More on Focusing Attunements for Exquisite Healing and Wellbeing
Meet the Founder Eugene Gendlin introducing Focusing
On completion of this Certified Foundation Course
This course is accredited and in association and will be recognised by BFA (British Focusing Association) and the first step to becoming an accredited Practitioner of Focusing. You will have the option to enter the practitioner level training or to invest further in your own Focusing process.
***Overview of the Focusing Modules
Module 1 content: First Steps on your Focusing Journey
• A comprehensive introduction to focusing
• Allow you to engage in focusing partnerships
• Exploring the landscape – Focusing and silent listening
• Describing and resonating
• Letting it be there as fully as it wants to be
• The shape of the Focusing process
Module 2 content: Focusing and the Fresh Edge
• The power of the word “something”
• The felt sense and qualities of it
• Ways of beginning a Focusing session
• GAP Grounded Aware Presence
• Clearing a space
• Inviting the felt sense of a specific issue
• Becoming a true companion
• Focusing partnerships
Module 3 content: Focusing and joyful of the sensing
• The gifts of the body in Focusing and Companioning
• Whole body aliveness as a gateway to the bigger space
• Allowing something to be there more fully – and to find its own way forwards
• Movement in Focusing
• Gestures and postures which symbolise a felt sense
• Simple exercises to awaken inner-directed movement
• Sensing both challenge and enjoyment with equal positive regard
• Whole-body listening
• Tips for silent Focusing / Tips for companioning a silent focuser
Module 4 content: Focusing and journeying in confidence
• Self-guiding skills and Phrases
• Working with complex edges
• Deepening contact and receiving
• Teamwork – offering suggestions to the focuser?
• Some tips for the listener
• Tips for the focuser
• Not colluding with bias
• Inviting direct relationship
Module 5 content: Resting and Freedom in the Focusing Space
• Focusing and exploring the meaning ‘Spiritual’
• What limits us and our potential
• What does freedom mean?
• Religion and Focusing
• Is there a self in all these ‘visitors’ and ‘Somethings’?
• Resting in the Limitless
Focusing one to one Coaching Participant says;
I’ve developed a capacity through working with Simon in Focusing to come into presence by myself, to hold myself more, to listen more deeply, to allow a little more fully, to become overwhelmed less often.’
Ruth Cohen Mother & NVC Summer camp Community Member
Listen now to Short introduction to Focusing with Healing Attunement http://bit.ly/ExquisiteSelfHealingWithFocusingMethod
More on Focusing Teacher Simon McKibbin and what he offers: https://www.living-presence.co.uk